Locatedin Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching,discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals whocome to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a placewhere your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilitieschallenged. It is a place where your diversity â of culture, thinking, learningand leading â is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know theyare part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride intheir work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbiltâs mission is to advancehealth and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, andresearch.
Vanderbilt Stallworth Rehabilitation Hospital is an 80-bedinpatient rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive inpatientrehabilitation services designed to return patients to leading active andindependent lives. The hospital opened in November of 1993 and is a jointventure between Vanderbilt University and Vanderbilt Health Services, LLC and HealthSouth, one of the nationâs leading rehabilitation servicesprovider. This position supports the Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation. For additional information,please visit www.vanderbiltstallworthrehab.com .
In this pivotal rewarding role, as Lead Administrative Assistant, you will serve as a primary resource for daily operations and provides administrative and business support to complex area(s), independently. You also will serve as a liaison with internal/external groups.Other duties will include:
Overseeing annual Second Harvest group volunteering event.
Assisting or leading Departmental celebrations -- annual dinner, Christmas party, etc.
Compiling and sending provider reappointment packets for VAH, VUMC, and Stallworth
Website -- Making updates (text and photographs) to departmental website including, but not limited to, home page information, news items, personnel changes, research publications lists, and faculty profile pages.
Compiling and reporting annual flu vaccination data for all department providers with hospital patient contact to HealthSouth Infection Control.
Maintaining spreadsheet information for current and past employees with hire date, license expiration dates, address, and phone number, among other data.
Completing monthly reconciliation of eDog statements for department; gathering invoices and backing up documentation for expenses; preparing JE (journal entries) as required for corrections to accounts/center numbers.
Tracking and monitoring iLab and Cores charges for departmental research centers.
EPIC: accessing Hyperspace to find medical record numbers for patient files.Signed orders must have patient name, date of birth, MR number, and doctor name before releasing to Iron Mountain twice weekly.Iron Mountain maintains scanned medical records for department.
Ordering, tracking and monitoring purchases for Clinic and Procedure Suite, including in-house drug supply chain, disposable medical equipment, linen service, among others as needed.
Ordering durable equipment (phones, printers, furniture, display screens, etc.) and supplies for department.
Preparing and monitoring requests for IT Help Desk and Print Management Services through Pegasus requisitions as well as personal phone contacts.
Tracking departmental computer inventory lists.
Maintaining departmental door key supply; requesting re-issue of building code access cards.
Ordering office supplies for department, Clinic, and break room use.
Tracking time sheets for faculty; transferring information to HealthSouth cost spreadsheet in shared drive and reporting to VUMC Financep; maintaining copies of time sheets for these providers, as well as PRN coverage employees.
Maintaining coverage calendar notations for on-call providers in Synergy; providing weekend coverage information to nursing supervisors, admissions, and marketing.
Maintaining and distributing departmental contact list
Providing for each new faculty as needed: prepared office space and supplies, RACF-ID for orientation, monogrammed lab coat, business cards, telephone, voice mail, V-NET authorization code, ID badge, mailbox setup, pager, and portrait photograph session.
Purchasing new computer per requirements set by each new provider.
Maintaining group meeting Outlook calendar for faculty as needed.
Preparing Concur expense reports; making travel arrangements as needed for providers.
Submitting maintenance requests as needed.
Taking minutes for department meeting.
Performs key administrative functions which may include serving as representative of the organizational area.
Proactively facilitates and manages administrative functions.
Supports and coordinates area initiatives.
Compiles data, analyzes information and summarizes findings in support of an area.
Analyzes and prepares budgetary data.
The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
CLERICAL/ADMINISTRATIVE (ADVANCED):- Clerical/Administration is a skillwhich includes most clerical and administrative functions typically carried outby secretaries, administrators and others who perform a clerical role. Amongthe duties are: Ad Hoc Reporting, Calendar Maintenance, Data Entry, DocumentDuplication, Document Filing and Maintenance, Document Preparation, EmployeeRecord Maintenance, Employee Time Recording, Faxing and Electronic Mailing,Inventory Management, Mail Sorting and Distribution, Meeting Coordination andScheduling, Message Management, Receptionist Tasks, Special Projects,Spreadsheet Preparation, Travel Arrangements, and Word Processing and Typing.
FINANCIAL PROCESSES (INTERMEDIATE):- Ability to monitor costs, expensesand revenue as well as the ability to manage those costs and expenses inrelation to budgeted amounts.
AD HOC REPORTING (INTERMEDIATE):- The ability to access information fromdatabases and prepare reports.
ANALYTICAL SKILLS (NOVICE):- The process of identifying, evaluating,interpreting and organizing data. It includes sorting through data to identifypatterns and establish relationships for decision making.
HUMAN RESOURCES POLICIES AND PROCEDURES (NOVICE):- Knowledge, adherenceand application of human resources policies and procedures.
Organizational Impact: Independently performs non-routine tasks that significantly impact team and other related teams.
Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Gathers and analyzes data to solve problems that arise with little or no precedent.
Breadth of Knowledge: Applies advanced job knowledge and has developed a breadth of skills in other areas.
Team Interaction: Serves as a lead for the team by providing expertise and guidance to team members.
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations and audiences.
DELIVERING EXCELLENTSERVICES (S4):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees' effectiveness.
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY(S4):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly.
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCESEFFECTIVELY (S4):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area.
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities.
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements.
Â·High School Diplomaor GED
Â·5 yearsâ relevantwork experience
Â·Position is astandard Monday-Friday role with regular, day-time hours (8AM-4:30PM)
Because weare committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, weare proud of our recent accomplishments:
Â·US News & World Report:#1 Hospital in Tennessee, #1 Health CareProvider in Nashville, #1 Audiology (BillWilkerson Center), 12 adult and 10 pediatric clinical specialties ranked amongthe nation's best, #15 Education and Training
Â·Truven Health Analytics:among the top 50 cardiovascular hospitalsin the U.S.
Â·Becker's Hospital Review:one of the "100 Greatest Hospitals inAmerica"
Â·The Leapfrog Group:grade "A" in Hospital SafetyScore
Â·National Institutes of Health:among the top 10 grant awardees for medicalresearch in the US
Â·Magnet Recognition Program:Vanderbilt nurses are the only grouphonored in Middle Tennessee
Â·Nashville Business Journal:Middle Tennessee's healthiest employer
Â·American Hospital Association:among the 100 "MostWired" medical systems in the US
Vanderbilt University Medical Center is a comprehensive health care facility dedicated to patient care, research, and biomedical education. Our reputation for excellence in these areas has made us a major center for patient referrals from throughout the Mid-South. Each year, people throughout Tennessee and the Southeast choose Vanderbilt University Medical Center for their health care because of our leadership in medical science and our dedication to treating patients with dignity and compassion.The mission of Vanderbilt University Medical Center is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.